Lip Augmentation assists in achieving facial balance and harmony. Lip augmentation has become increasingly popular as more people become interested in enhancing their facial features. Lip Reduction can improve QOL tremendously. Lips that are too large can affect daily routines such as eating, talking or performing good oral hygiene.
Lip augmentation as well as reduction achieves permanent results and improves lip shape and size to the patient’s desired look and in proportion to their face. Lip procedures are sometimes performed in conjunction with rhinoplasty, facelifts and implants.
Lip procedures may provide the following benefits:
- Enhanced or reduced size of lips to satisfy aesthetic desires
- Revision of previously botched lip augmentation from the injection of too much silicone
- Reconstruction for people born with congenital defects such as cleft lips
- Reconstruction for accident or burn injury cases where lips healed with excess tissue
Generally performed under local anesthetic but ultimately dependent upon the extensiveness of the procedure, lip procedures can take 1 to 2 hours. For reduction, an incision is typically made inside the lip and then a small section of tissue is removed. The incision is closed with sutures.
The ideal candidate should be in overall good health and a non-smoker. Candidates should always have realistic goals for their results.
- Temporary discomfort
- Swelling and bruising subsides within 1 to 2 weeks
- Patients will be required to maintain a soft diet for 2 to 3 days after the procedure
- Patients will be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- Patients will be able to resume normal as well as strenuous activity within one week.